How to Use a Blender
- Drinking Glasses
- Rubber spatula
- Choose a flat, dry surface on which to operate your blender.
- Put the blender together. Place the blades in the retaining ring, then set the gasket over the blades and inside the ring.
- Screw the retaining ring firmly to the bottom of the pitcher. Be sure the retaining ring is seated correctly or you will have a leak.
- Set the pitcher onto the base and plug the blender in.
- Put the recipe ingredients in the pitcher. Put lid on firmly.
- Use the Ice or Chop setting to make milkshakes, smoothies or frozen drinks.
- Make baby food by adding a small amount of liquid to a cup of fruit or vegetables and blending it for 15 seconds on the Puree setting. Five seconds on this setting also will smooth out lumpy gravy.
- Take advantage of the Pulse setting to make bread crumbs, grate chocolate, chop vegetables and make cracker crumbs.
- Add food to the blender through the secondary lid while the blender is running.
- Clean the pitcher after each use. Put a little bit of dishwashing detergent in, add enough water to fill it halfway, put the lid on, and run the blender – with lid on – on a low speed for a few seconds.
- Rinse the blender thoroughly. Take it apart and dry off the blades.